BSc (Hons) Psycology with Forensic Scene Investigation
The first two years of this degree are designed to help you dig deeper into the science behind the way humans think, feel, and behave. In years three and four you take more advanced options related to your specialist pathway, covering forensic scene examination, evidence processing and interpretation.
Our experienced academics are experts in criminal investigation and forensic science. We will give you a thorough understanding of this world, and you can study topics such as:
- Crime scene examination and management.
- Interpretation and presentation of evidence.
- Applying behaviour to major crime investigations.
- Applying memory research from crime scene to court.
- Understanding the language of the judicial system.
Psychology is both an experimental and observational science. This means you will observe and measure human behaviour, tackle literature research, and develop, test, and evaluate theories. This culminates in conducting your own supervised research project in your final year, which is one of the corner stones of your degree.
You can switch to another Psychology pathway if you develop an interest in a particular topic later on. See ‘How the course works’ below for full details.
This Psychology with Forensic Scene Investigation degree is accredited is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and its core areas follow the curriculum set out by the BPS. This accreditation is essential for students who want to become a Chartered Psychologist, and means that successful graduates are eligible to apply for further professional psychology training.
Our BSc (Hons) Psychology course scored an impressive 95% for Overall Student Satisfaction in the 2020 National Student Survey (NSS) and Forensic Science was the top rated modern Scottish department in the 2021 Good University Guide.
Abertay is widely regarded as THE place to come for high quality teaching. But don’t just take our word for it:
- UK University of the Year for Teaching Quality (The Times/ Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021).
- UK Top 10 for Student Satisfaction & Teaching (Guardian University Guide 2021).
- UK Top 10 for Student Satisfaction (National Student Survey 2020).